Friday, March 27, 2009

18 Years Ago.....

.......I gave birth to my last baby. Today she turns 18!!! It made me think back to the event of giving birth and how wonderful ..... painful ..... and scary it all was. I really have nothing great to blog about, just the fact that time goes so quickly. My other two are already out of the house, now the youngest will be leaving in a few months. A chapter in my life is ending, but just as one ends another chapter begins. I loved being pregnant, birthing, and nursing. I love the opportunity in being a mother. Now, I look forward to the new chapter in the book of my life to begin. I don't know what it will hold, so I will read carefully, turn pages gently and do my best to end well.

To the 3 Best Children In The World
Breean
Timmy
Katie
Thank you for teaching me about love, a mother's love, that only can be expressed by the heart, the tears, the smiles and the never ending prayers.

The incredible set of hips I now have. I have the pleasure (?) of carrying THEM with me forever, the obvious tattoo of birthing.

18 years ago.....I closed the book on giving birth, but the other doors it has opened up to me as a person have been an incredible blessing.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwweeee....Rochelle you are the sweetest mom!

    And I love that you're a fashionista too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made me cry!! sorry for the "hips" but thank you for being such a role model for us!! we all love you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete