Monday, January 5, 2009

First Timer for an Old Timer

Well, this is my first post and I could very well be blogging just to myself! But that will be ok because just writing things down is good therapy.

Just a little bit of info on me, I am married with 3 children, I work in an industry that has sales goals. We have 3 dogs and I have lived in South Carolina for 17 years now, originally born and raised in WA state (the Great Pacific Northwest).

Now, I will blog.....I am burned out! I have been doing sales for the past 6 years (in the same industry for about 20 years) and with the beginning of 2009 brings a whole new set of sales goals, referral goals, not to mention my constant goal to loose weight and reduce the size of my upper arms ( a wonderful genetic "feature" my mom passed on to me and my 3 sisters). It is Monday, and what is worse is it is Monday MORNING!!! I wish I could not work, maybe a part time job where I have no responsibilities. I would like to volunteer and help others, visit nursing homes, and the dog pound. I can only put one foot in front of the other and plug thru this Monday MORNING because then there will be Monday AFTERNOON and then thank goodness for Monday NIGHT when I can crawl into my own bed, pull the covers over my head and not have to do anything, think of anything (unless God wakes me up with a burden of someone, usually one of my children, to pray for) for a while. I think about going to bed and sleeping alot. Infact that is one of things I can say I look forward to. Hmmm, not much excitement here. But with my blogging you will see I have a deep faith in God and He is very real and lives in my heart. I look to Him daily and I trust Him completely. So here I go, stepping into this Monday MORNING and starting my new year.
RoChellE

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Rochelle, You are in my prayers this morning. Some sunshine here in SC sure would help wouldn't it?? Can we do lunch or something in the next couple weeks? Blessings, nm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Just stopping by from Summer's blog. Yay for you for starting a blog of your own! It's so much fun once you get started. I find that it's great therapy, too. I hope you enjoy it and that it is a great outlet for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saying hi from summer's blog, as well! you should come check out our tribute tuesdays. sometimes after blogging awhile, you need a little prompt! your first post is a great one and, i think, what blogging is all about... baring your soul, even if no one is watching. maybe even ESPECIALLY when no one is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rochelle!
    Summer sent me over, as she says you are hip, cute, and if she says you are great people, I'm a believer...so here I am! ;-)

    Enjoy your blogging, we look forward to keeping up with you!!

    Jay
    PS - You have a beautiful smile, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just come over from Summer's blog to check you out! I look forward to seeing more of what you have to say and share. According to Summer you are a great person to know, so I would like to do just that...get to know you. Keep up the blogging, as you said...IT IS Great therapy!

    ReplyDelete